Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Boy and Girl Duvet Covers

Here are some pictures of the duvet covers I made for Kelly and Matthew.  It can be hard to find something that works for a boy and a girl, but I found this fabric from Waverly that was just right.  The stripe pattern in each is slightly different, but the green and brown in each is the same, with Kelly's having a pink stripe where Matthew's has blue.



I used varying buttons in ivory for Kelly's, and brown buttons for Matthew's, and set them in an ivory muslin band.  (Yes, if you look closely, you'll see that Matthew's is missing a button.  Story of my life these days - everything just short of finished!)  I used the same muslin for the backs of the covers as well.  There wasn't too much I could do to match the wall color.  That's what happens when you promise a teenager you won't paint over her walls while she's at university!



No comments:

Post a Comment