Tuesday, April 21, 2009

At Last - A Table

Well, it's not the table I wanted and not what I originally ordered, but it's a table. After waiting the initial 10 weeks for the first table, I was told it would be another 2 - 3 weeks. A week and a half into that, I got a call saying another 5 - 7. Enough was enough. My back couldn't take anymore. So it was WalMart to the rescue. Within a week, I had a table. Made of rusting metal and a bumpy slate top, but it's a table. Of course, now the chair I have is too low, so I'm sitting on a milk can. None too comfy, I'll tell 'ya. Still, better than standing. I even got the bulletin board hung. No mean feat with our old walls; plaster over terracotta blocks. So here it is:


And, if you look on the right-hand side, you'll see my new coverstitch machine waiting patiently to be taken out and played with. Just a few more jackets to sew first!

No comments:

Post a Comment